Psychotherapy is the use of psychological methods, in the context of a therapeutic relationship with a mental health professional, in order an individual, a couple, a family or a group to get help to deal with life/relational problems, various symptoms & dysfunctions or mental disorders.
The purpose of psychotherapy is to augment the individual & collective well-being & mental health, to ameliorate or eliminate unwanted problematic behaviours, thoughts, & emotions and to improve the functionality in interpersonal and social relationships.
Psychotherapy sessions with a trained psychotherapist offer an environment of security and trust. In such a context an individual can express thoughts and feelings, share painful experiences, acquire a deeper understanding and sentiment of his/her problems and attempt new ways of handling, thinking and emotional attitude aiming at the improvement of his/her psychological, somatic & mental health.
Psychotherapy can take place in individual, couple, family or group sessions.
We offer services to adolescents and adults from any culture, ethnicity, gender, sexuality or religion.
The issues, problems, dysfunctions or disorders with which our clients are presenting themselves vary, and may include the following:
- Relationship issues with spouses, mates, children, friends, relatives, work collaborators
- Anxiety problems, panic attacks, phobias, compulsions, PTSD
- Loss and bereavement issues
- Separation and divorce issues
- Self-esteem issues
- Life transitions & adjustment issues
- Domestic abuse/violence issues
- Physical or/and sexual abuse issues
- Various addiction problems (legal & illegal drugs, internet & video games, gambling, etc.)
- Eating disorders issues
- Mood disorders (dysthymia, depression, bipolar disorder)
- Personality disorders
- Somatic symptoms and problems attributed to psychological causes
The psychotherapeutic services we offer are:
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples psychotherapy
- Family therapy
- Group psychotherapy